Category: Visa

When permanent residency is stricken

  Permanent residency (PR) in Japan will become invalidated when:   it is revealed that there were false statements presented or forged document submitted upon application of PR or upon application of landing permit; you forget to obtain reentry permit before going out of Japan or fail to come back within the reentry permit period;…

Read the full article

Necessary Procedures: Address Change

Notification of moving-out / moving-in When you change your residential address, you must report your moving-out (moving-out notification, 転出届) with the municipal office of the city you live before your moving-out. This can be done from 14 days before your moving-out. In some cities, such notification can be done by mail. You will receive a…

Read the full article

Necessary Visa Procedures upon Job Change

Notification of the affiliated (contracting/activity) organization When you change your job during your period of stay (在留期間, zairyu-kikan), you have to be careful not to miss required procedures. 1. When no change in your visa status is required: (A) If you are mid- to long-term resident with: “Highly Skilled Professional” (i) (a) or (b), “Highly…

Read the full article