Permanent residency (PR) in Japan will become invalidated when:
- it is revealed that there were false statements presented or forged document submitted upon application of PR or upon application of landing permit;
- you forget to obtain reentry permit before going out of Japan or fail to come back within the reentry permit period;
- (i) you commit a certain crime (e.g., prostitution, crime of promoting illegal employment of foreigners), (ii) found guilty of certain crimes (e.g., drug crimes or violation of immigration laws or passport laws) or (iii) become subject to sentences of imprisonment of more than 1 year;
- you fail to extend your status once in every 7 years; or
- you fail to register your address any time you move your residence in Japan or you register false address.